Sum Tymes I wanna Cry........

Monday, December 15, 2008

Sometimes it really is the small things

so the other day i went to work around 3 am. yeah, i know, life sucks. i mean i didn't have to be there at 3 am, but considering that i only get paid for the hours i worked and that day i needed to be in B-more for a course on professional responsibility i had a decision to make: either suck it up and take an L for the work day or suck it up and get to work early to put in a couple of hours so my already scary looking pay check wouldn't cause me to go into cardiac arrest.

it was there at work that i discovered that one, i would have to go home and change..seems like i was supposed to be in business attire and two, i was going to have to cough up $65 bucks. life really sucked. it was bad enough that everybody in my wireless range had decided to finally "secure" their connection leaving me internetless for the last month. and well, massah was working me so much that i couldn't even manage to eat let alone surf the internet which was why i was just now finding out one and two.

so once in B-more i discovered that not only were they serious about the $65 bucks but that they were going to have me there all day and only feed me some month old donuts. wth!!! then these fools decide that they gonna treat us like we in highschool by keeping the attendance book closely guarded. not only did we have to sign in, but you guessed it, we had to sign out.. so i sat their from 8:30-1 something wondering how many times they were going to say congrats and if they really thought that by saying it so many times it would cause us to forget that they just took our $65 bucks and had us for the most part sitting in rooms talking about nothing... so not only wasn't i at work getting paid so that i could feed my child but i also was out of an additional $65 bucks..

well later that night my gas light came on and my child promptly notified me... i think he is afraid that i will make him push the car all by himself. so i pulled into the gas station and fished around until i found a twenty...looked at my child who ask, "is that all our money?" i just smiled at him as i calculated in my head if we were going to have enough to make it to my next pay day. i went inside the store and handed the man my $20 and went out to pump my gas. Half way through something strange happen, the gas cut off. I pushed a lil harder and it pumped a lil bit more and cut off again. I stared at the pump display in sheer confusion. I replaced the pump and went into the store and low and behold there waiting for me was CHANGE. i grabbed my money and ran to my car and burst into tears.. my child wanted to know what was wrong... and i told him:

"i just filled up the car for 16 bucks... look we have change!" and My child responded "yeah, we got change now we have money to buy something else...yeah, change."

i smiled all the way home...i couldn't remember the last time i had received change after pumping gas and the needle was past the F.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

0 Your 2 Cents:

Post a Comment

<< Home