Sum Tymes I wanna Cry........

Monday, November 17, 2008

Haters to the left of me Haters to the right

my soul is so weighed down as late and it's not fair. this is the time that i should be living it up, that i should be 'two-stepping and cha' cha sliding' but instead i am praying that my brain doesn't explode.

why is it that some people hate no matter what. why is it that it hurts some people to the core when they see someone else getting something that they deserve for once in their life. why is it that people who have much don't want the poor to have nothing?


these are things i can't understand. i recently found out that i passed the BAR and by golly let me tell you, i am only relieved because it means that it will silence all the naysayers. i mean for any of my old followers, you know there have been days where i ain't had no food in my house to feed MY CHILD, that there has been days where I had to ride on E because the two dollars I had in my pocket was going to go toward something on the dollar menu to feed my child, that there have been days where every envelope in my mailbox was some type of neon color so when i tell you that i DESERVED to pass the BAR, i DESERVED to pass the BAR...if not for me, for MY CHILD, who shouted 'yeah, you passed the bar, we can get money, we can buy food.' do you know how that cut straight to my heart?

well Massah has been pimping me paying me half of what he should be paying me and he thinks that he is going to continue on... it's funny because on most days i feel sorry for him.. he's a grown man with no sense of direction, no sense of purpose besides pimping and exploiting people. so he tells me now that since i have passed the BAR he will up my salary to $20 bucks an hour... WTH, does he think my name is booboothefool, esquire? but instead of giving him my regularly does of niggaplease laughter i say,"that's around what you should be paying me now for all the work that i am doing... i can't keep struggling." and i can't. i deserve to have some me money left in a pay check. i deserve to buy myself something nice just for me like maybe that diamond tennis bracelet all the losers in my life promised to get me. and to date my arm still ain't blinging...i deserve to breathe with my head above water.

it's funny that there are always people behind your back staking a claim to your success and voicing why you should thank them for helping you get to where you are.

Here's a hint: if you gotta tell peeps what you did for them, 9 times out of 10, you ain't did jack smack.

so everybody feels that they should have been told first or told before this person and that person and the truth of the matter is...who cares what they think because forreal forreal i didn't have to tell anyone. just like i didn't tell anyone that for the last 2 1/2 months all we had in the fridge was some salad dressing and butter.

so i turn to my left and say, "hi haters," and i turn to my right and say,"hi haters."


Hate on haters cuz imma continue to do me and pretty soon that's gonna mean more than just surviving

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

0 Your 2 Cents:

Post a Comment

<< Home