Sum Tymes I wanna Cry........

Friday, November 07, 2008

One Moment, Please

Is it just me, or is daylight savings kicking your butt too?
I am still trying to figure out how it is that I was the first one to arrive for my meeting last night, arriving an hour and a half early, and never made it inside?
I call myself taking a cat nap while I waited for my child to finish his food. I sometimes wonder about him. This boy was in the back seat trying to eat between the poppy or sesame (which ever seeds they put on hamburger buns) seeds ontop of his Checkers burger. I am watching thinking, 'this can't be my child, i mean i know i saw him come out my twat, even took pics as i pushed him out, but this can't be my child. maybe it was some alien abduction from inside the womb cuz this boy acted like he had a lifetime membership to the short yellow bus.' I mean when I was his age and was faced with his dilemna I would've done one of the following: scraped the seeds off, torn the part of the bread off with the seeds, or just taken off the top bun. NO WAY, NO HOW would I have sat there and tried to eat between the seeds and then get upset when I accidentally ate one. If I didn't know better, he was doing this mess to get out of doing homework...but I was tired anyways and seized the day and went to sleep.

The only problem was I woke up some 2 and half hours later with only about 20 minutes left in my meeting. My knee and ankles were swollen and my child had managed to twist his body into some type of contortion and fallen asleep. I was conflicted...should I go in or should I go home. My throbbing knee said go home cuz it was no way I was going to carry my child and he was knocked out.

Then today I got up and was still tired so tired in fact that I didn't realize that I was driving and my door wasn't all the way closed. It was until I turned the corner and my car inside light came on...but that was some 45 minutes after I was driving and it took me a moment to realize what was going on. Good thing I believe in buckling up when I'm riding cuz i would have been thrown from the car and My Child would have been trapped in his car seat in a runaway vehicle. I'm sure my interrogation with the po-pos would have went well.

"ma'am have you been drinking?"

"no sir, honest I haven't"

"are you on drugs?"

"nope, only get high on life."

"can you explain how you were thrown from your vehicle while your baby was inside?"

"it's that dang blasted daylight's savings it's got me all screwed up."

"please place your hands behind your back ..."

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

2 Your 2 Cents:

At 7:22 AM, Blogger Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Hey Sister,

I like daylight savings time..I like the days getting shorter and the nights longer. I feel more compelled to get to bed earlier...LOL!

Thanks for coming by my blog. I appreciate your thoughtful comment

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger TRUTHZ said...

girl, i like it too. it just that since the nights are longer i am sleeping when i should be up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home