Sum Tymes I wanna Cry........

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

So they say

they say it's someone for everyone, even a wretch like me
they say it's someone for everyone, and if it's fate it means it was meant to be
they say it's someone for everyone, and i didn't believe it until i met thee

you took my breath away even though noone would have known i was about to suffocate
because i kept my cool cuz the last thing i wanted was to get all nervous with
sweaty palms and knots and ties or even butterflies in my stomach

you wanted to slow walk me and i wanted to techno dance,
i didn't have time to chacha slide or cupid shuffle cuz
i wanted to percolate and b-boy dance
i danced circles around you while you kept the beat to your waltz
i laughed and made fun of your laid back country ways
you laughed too, even when i called you lame

but then i guess enough was enough and you threw in your pieces to the game
you were tired of my running man getting in the way of your bop
who needed a broke primadonna when u could have someone who was okay with self
so you had the last laugh when you sent me to be by myself

i stood on the sidelines hoping you would ask me to cut in
When that didn't happen, i thought maybe he's saving my dance for the end
Saving the best for last, yeah that's what you'll do
At least I hoped you would save the last dance for me so I could show you
that I could keep the beat to your waltz and that i could new jersey hustle and even bootay call
i just wanted you to look my way and give me that melting smile
but instead when the music ended, you hadn't asked me back to dance
you just passed right by me, as if i wasn't even there

there say there is someone for everyone, even a superhero like me
they say there is someone for everyone, just wait and see
they say there is someone for everyone,
but what happens when your someone goes off with someone else

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

0 Your 2 Cents:

Post a Comment

<< Home