Sum Tymes I wanna Cry........

Thursday, June 15, 2006

What if God was one of us?

So on most days, I hate being a parent. I do, it's the worse job in the world, no benefits, no promotions, nothing but heartache and pain. My Child is a brat, as I have established. and it's wearing on my nerves, especially since I am in a financial bind. It seems like everyday he makes it his goal to break something that I need and that I have no money to replace or repair.

I am so close to having a nervous breakdown, if I am not already having it. I get so angry with him that somedays I want to pick him up and throw him across the room, but instead I tell him to go to his room and not come out until I tell him it's safe. People on the outside looking in, think this is funny or that I am overreacting because he is just a child. And that being said, I know that My Child knows right from wrong, and I know when he does something simply to aggravate the hell outta me.

The other day he kept touching my stuff (yeah, i sound just like a kid myself, but it is what it is) and I kept telling him to stop. He knows that I don't like him touching my stuff. I have a lot of collectibles and just sentimental stuff that I do keep in my room, away from him. But, he likes to go in my room and bother this stuff while i am sleeping. and it makes me beyond mad, so one day i was just saying to him, "you know what, you get on my last nerves with you always touching stuff and doing stuff you know you aren't supposed to...how many times do i have to tell you to stop doing something before you are going to get it in your head that i am not playing with you and that i mean business?"


and then i was like "people make me sick when they say that you get this mess from me cuz i was nothing like you growing up, i was a great kid, very obedient until i was at least 12, so i don't know who you get this foolishness from."


and as i pondered over who he could have gotten his hard headedness from i thought about how God must feel about me... I wonder if He tired of me doing stuff He told me not to do...I wonder if He wonders when I will get it through my head that He means business.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

7 Your 2 Cents:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger nikki said...

i figure everything that happens is a sign for god. either i'm down with the lesson or i'm not. hopefully the opportunity to learn will present itself to me again.

yeah, we're hard-headed. but he still loves us.

i mean, you still love your son even when he gets on your nerves. folk gotta grow and a good parent won't stop loving a child just cuz the kid works the nerves. you're that good parent.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Blessed Brilliant said...

Talk about it - Talk about it... the only thing worse than that personal revelation is when you think about all the times you think about how you wish you weren't a parent... imagine if he weren't God.

Worse - what if he said he didn't want to be your God... (the way folks yell that they don't want to be parents of that kid),

Selah

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Prophetess said...

Girl, you done been all over the place - from eating nasty White Castles with ketchup, to exposing your "hidden talents" to us. But, it likes you're doing good. You know I had to come see about you.

Your son is two, right? Well, wait til he turns three and then he'll really be showing out and acting bad, LOL. Just messing witcha', girl. See ya later, sis.

 
At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about you do this....get a damn grip! No Truthz, you know that I know that you were NOT the best child and that YOU had a mouth on you. But everybody (including me :) tolerated you and still love you today). We all make choices in life, some good, some bad, some ugly. But as adults, we must bear the "burden" of those choices. I think children are a burden and a blessing all rolled up into one. He's still young, he was going through his "terrible twos" so how the heck did you expect for him to act? Things will get easier as he gets older, trust me. My advice to you is keep a bottle of B-Complex vitamins and a glass of wine within arm's length all the time and you'll be fine. You just need a hug.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger TRUTHZ said...

@nikki, welcome back, sorry you didn't get to see the "stump" and yeah i still love him, esp when he's sleep.

@mbr yeah, wishing you weren't a parent... i get so guilty when i feel that way. but it's the truth...some days its just so hard to try to keep things afloat for yourself let alone someone else who could careless one way or another.


@insane, gurl he will be three in a couple of days and i can't wait...i am hoping he becomes sweet like your lil mama...well, not sweet, but you know what i mean


@PIC, i didn't become bad until i started hanging out with you...you know i was Ms. Goody too shoes and you made it your private mission to turn me bad...and when the blessings start rolling in like he starts bringing me a fat paycheck...i'll sing u another tune...heafa!!!! and look at you, always trying to be my pusher man...drugs and alcohol don't mix

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Ms.Behavin said...

Well.... tell the truth about it!! ;-) I'm sure all parents feel this way at one time or another. It will get better... eventually. Until then, take deep breaths and count to 10 or just keep counting until you feel better.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger TRUTHZ said...

ms.B--- I hope so... cuz I am only one person...and I take my hats off to the single parents that do it with more than one... but yeah, counting, praying, locking myself in the bathroom.... if that don't work i will take my PIC's advice and hit the bottle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home