Sum Tymes I wanna Cry........

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Don't take it personally.

Well, I talked to whozatgurl#1 and it was good to hear her voice, we sorta one and the same but different, you know? We've gone through a few similar things that have bonded us together....
For instance, we are both coping with trying to establish the women we are today, realizing that the women we once were, are long gone. and that's a hard thing to come to grips with, to know that the person you were so comfortable being, and knew oh, so well is simply gone, never to return.

It's weird cuz we trying to make sense outta different things even though our experience was the same. I'm trying to figure out why I take things so personally and she's trying to figure out why she so nonchalant.

Well, actually, I know why I take things so personally, I'm trying to figure out how I can get back to a place where I let everything roll off my back without even a tad bit of it affecting me. Don't get me wrong, I put on a good show like it ain't bothering me, but it is. I take things home and I ponder them and ponder them until it makes me sick, and it can be the littlest thing.


Like last week, I ran into a classmate who was talking about going up to NYC and when I mentioned that I would be going up there also after the fifth, she automatically assumed that I was going to see my classmate (the one that helps me out with MY CHILD) and this bothered me so I told her "no, I'm going to see my homie from undergrad, now I might take MY CHILD to see him, but that's not what I'm going up there."

she responded with, " You always using that boy! uhn-uh."


her words pierced through me like a machete's blade. the way she said it made me believe that this wasn't the first time she had uttered the words that she thought i was using my classmate...in fact, she probably even expressed her feelings to him...this angered me, why did people always have to insinuate stuff about people who were just barely staying a float? I mean dang, why was everyone so concerned about how much time my classmate spent with MY CHILD? I have never used anyone in my life and hope never to do so, yet, i have been used many of times, and not just by Luv. Some of my family and friends have used me, and I would never intentionally do that to someone because I know how awful that feels to know that someone's just taking from you cuz they know you wouldn't see them out on the streets or because you wouldn't see them hungry or because you don't like to see them sad, but when the tables were flipped, they could care less if I had a cracker and some cheese for me and MY CHILD to eat.

Now, this would have been a great opportunity for me to just let the crap roll off my back because I knew I wasn't using my classmate and that's all that should have mattered...but no, it ate at me and ate at me until I had to send my classmate an email asking him if he thought I was using him, explaining that wasn't my atttention, needless to say, he didnt' respond, which made me wonder if his silence met yes.... you see how sickening this trend can be?

Once upon a time, none of this would have phased me. I would've laughed in her face, told her I was going to get all that I could get while the getting was good and then dismissed her. BUT, ever since the rape, I second guess, analyze and reanalyze everything. I am not sure about nothing, and lord knows I don't won't to make another bad mistake that proves to be detrimental to my health.

BUT i hate it!!!!! I hate letting stupid stuff bother me. Like my letting people shutting doors in my face when I speak bother me! I hate it!!!! but i don't know how to fix it.

and my gurl, she doesn't know how to reconnect to people so that things that should bother or affect her do...

Is there no middle ground, and if so, how do we get there?


(okay i will be missing for a couple of days, I have been given 2 brand new assignments due friday, one by open of bizness and the other by the close, so that means a sistah might have to actually bust a sweat...first time for everything...and then i leave for NYC friday evening...so I will catch up with your lives sunday night....Be EAZY, it's a jungle out there.)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

7 Your 2 Cents:

At 8:05 AM, Blogger Carmell said...

you have to pick and choose what you lat bother you and what you don't. i had to learn that a long time ago. i used to let what my sister said bother me to the point to where i was crying upset. now i just be like whatever. it might still bother me a little but i don't let her know it in an angry way. i just calmly tell her so now. very mature on my part!!!;)

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger sweetness said...

i feel ur pain in ur words as i read. i was just sayin to myself this mornin every one is goin through something. from the healthiest to the sickest person, from the poorest to the richest. we all hang situations and emotions differently. you are living and u have a concious so it inevitable to be effected. the importance is that you don't allow the roller coaster of life to drive you, u drive the roller coaster with a co pilot, God. once you find your strength in him and clear ur conscious of ur pass and walk in to the present. you will find a newness of strength that is even better then what u think you had. don't numb urself of peoples words cause there are some that we need to hear even if we don't like. just know how to filter out the good from the bad. i hope i help and made some sense.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

I don't know you like that....bud-da.....I'mma beat your ass if I ever see you!!! How are you going to come to my city and not even ring a doorbell....da hell is that about!?!
Ok, I am done venting...

Now about ol' girl that made the comment about "using"...
First thing, you have to look at who said it, then you have to see where she's coming from (does she like him), third you have to ask her (since she feels close enough to you to make that comment) then explain to you why she feels that way. Some random flippant shit can not be ignored if you think that it's interfering with a bonafide friendship.
As for letting it roll of your back...I can't give advice on that...'cause I am like your friend that is nonchalant. Negative things that people say, rarely get to me because I look at the source...

BTW~ Hey Guurrrl! :-)

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Ms.Behavin said...

Gurl, don't let little shyt hold you down!!! Who cares what homegirl assumed.... You have to do what is right for you and Your Child. And if you were going to see your Classmate, why is that a big deal? and why is it her bizness?
People are always going to talk, but you can't let it worry you to death. She probably didn't think anything about it, two seconds after she said it and here you are upset for a week.
Work on your strength, but please don't get to the point where everything just rolls off your back. That's the complete opposite end of the spectrum and that's no good either. ;-)

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger mrs.tj said...

if he really cared he would have said something to you. I hope you do have fun...you deserve it!
Holla!

 
At 4:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to prioritize things that annoy you and deal with them that way because if you don't it will all overwhelm you and drive you crazy. lol

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger TRUTHZ said...

okay so i am back and you all are right, i need to stop letting stupid peeps bother me... and if the weirdo really cared he would have responded...or since he is of the male species, maybe he wouldn't have...nevertheless, i did have fun... and welcome to all the new peeps.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home