Sum Tymes I wanna Cry........

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

GhettO Hot Mess

So peeps been waiting for my juice on my gurl GHM...

So, I'm interning in a professional building because I am a professional(at least during the day). And I must say that I'm still not sure if I like it, but my gurl GHM makes it worthwhile...she makes my day...if it wasn't for her, I probably wouldn't have heeded their warning about "not jumping outta the window" and jumped by now.

So let's backtrack:

I was the first summer intern that started and I am the ONLY one of my kind...for those that don't know what that means, that means, I am the only one that will be of the darker hue. Come to find out, I am the first one of my kind to be allowed to intern here in 5 years...and let me tell yall, it shows. Now don't get me wrong, there are five "others" that work here, all in admin or mailroom capacity. And they all housed on the fourth floor and they conveniently put me on the fifth floor, in the corner, and told me I should be happy cuz I gots a window. Well the second intern that started, she gots a bigger office than I on the fourth floor with a window, too. Anywhos, the day of my orientation they are explaining how happy I should be about the window and how they were instructed by corporate to tell me "not to jump for any reasons...fire or anything." Now last time I checked, negroes weren't the jumping out the window type!

Then they give me the low down on the dress code.. biz casual..can wear jeans but no halter tops, see thru tops or miniskirts. Im looking at this fool like WDH? who wears those things to a professional bizness...I mean, I was expecting to wear a suit everyday. And I was greatly offended too, especially after learning the other interns were not given this spill. Then I met here and understood:

Ghetto Hot Mess

This heafa gonna get me in trouble...my recommendation letter aint even going to be on letterhead if I keep hanging out with her. She is the Truth... My first day there when she saw me she gonna shout"Finally!!!We gots one!!!" then she proceeds to run toward me and high five me like we at the beach sipping on forties and not a work. She was like"There ain't many of us here...I tell them that all of the time" "I'm so glad you are hear, gurl show them what we got cuz they think we stoopid!" All this is in the tone u use when you standing on the basketball court talking junk so the whole court can here you. This was when she had goldish blonde hair.. the next day if this fool didn't come in with a strawberry red weave, a skirt that stopped where her panties ended and a spaghetti string shirt with a shawl to cover her 38dd+ boobies. I couldda hit the floor. And if you know me, you know I ain't fake and had to put my two cents in..."Gurl, you gonna have them scared to come talk to you... I know you getting in a lot of trouble with that hair...they probably in their office now tryn to figure out how to tell you to take it out." In her loud mouth, "honey , pls, I wish they would...I already told them I was taking it back to my roots." I didn't have the heart to tell her that there was nothing red about her roots.

So everyday before I start my mundane day of saying hi to fools who get up in shut the door in my face, I go down and see what's a poppin with GHM...and she don't disappoint me.. from the shortest skirts to the shortest tightest tops, she be representing...even if they ain't matching. You can't tell her 50+ behind that she ain't still 21 and that those dimples in her legs ain't supposed to be shown... Naw, she walk with that swagger and talk that talk to these heafa's in here. I wonder if she knows why she has been the receptionist for four different peeps in here and she ain't even been here for 2yrs yet.. Whatever, GHM keeps it real and keeps them on their toes. and if they keep playing with me and hurting my feeling with their rude behind by not speaking and giving me this insulting work to do, I'm start dressing just like her.

and Imma play poker all day too even if they standing their clearing their throats trying to tell me discreetly that they think i should have something else on my screen

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

4 Your 2 Cents:

At 10:01 PM, Blogger Blessed Brilliant said...

qYou gotta snag a picture... puh-leez... pu-ritty - puhleez..

lol - Naw. But I know the type. Worked with too many in the past and now they seem to creep back up again...

As for the biz code: remain professional - maintain polite contant and keep your ear to the cubicle wall..

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger TRUTHZ said...

i will try and get a pic of her cuz she is a hot mess. they might be letting her go soon...then it will be so drab around there. and i will try my best not to hurt any one

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger mrs.tj said...

my goodness...you need to take a pic of her for us!
Holla!

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger TRUTHZ said...

i will try and take a pic of her from behind just in case she any of yall family, yall won't be embarassed

 

Post a Comment

<< Home