Sum Tymes I wanna Cry........

Thursday, February 02, 2006

sometimes i wish i was a kid again

I have been feeling funny lately......not really sad, not really depressed...just funny.
Maybe it's because i am so tired from my constant running around. not sure what it is though..
Today when I went into Toys R Us, every child i came across had this unbelievable cheesy grin on their face, like they were on top of the world. And it gots me to thinking, i wish it was still that easy, not to have a care in the world. For you to walk into a huge store full of toys and suddenly all of your problems seem so far away.


I remember growing up, the old folks on the blocks used to tell us not to be in such a hurry to grow up, that we had the rest of our lives to be grown. hmph... wish i would have listened...but then i really didn't have a choice. But things were a lil bit easier when all i had to worry about was bus fare to school and deciding what i was gonna eat for lunch.

i can understand why Michael Jackson acts the way he does. sometimes it hard being a grown-up dealing with all the demands on your time and your person. some things Calgon can't take you away from, like the lights not being on or the rumbling of a hungry belly.


i don't know, maybe i just need a me day... you know a day for me to go to Dave and Busters or the Fun House or Go-Karting or hell, even Wisconsin Dells where a grown-up can be a kid again. but just in case none of this happens, i got myself some toys to play with in the meanwhile...and got that cheesy grin all the kids had on their face, too.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

5 Your 2 Cents:

At 11:27 PM, Blogger Carmell said...

yeah i wish i could go back and grow up all over again. i wouldn't do it so fast. my son says he wishes he was grown but he doesn't say it for the same reasons i did. he just wants to do grown up things like go to bed when he wants and watch tv all night. i wanted to get away from my parents and be on my own...

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Jen said...

To be a kid again is I think more an adult way of saying that we wish we could go back and change things. There's always the "what if I'd done this..." factor that runs through the back of our minds when we think about the ease of childhood. These kids nowadays think they have it alot harder than we do. In some aspects I agree. Like more easily accessible drugs and alcohol. But now parents are afraid to beat their children's asses because the teachers in school are telling them that the kid can call DCFS or whatever. I remember growing up and not drinking or doing drugs cuz I would have to go home to my mother! And if I got caught doing something stupid at my BF's house, her mom woulda beat both of us! That's how it was.
Anyway, thanks for the encouraging words. But you know me by now that I'm not ready to abide by them. So I will continue to rant and rave and bitch. Please don't give up on me. I think I'm actually coming to a conclusion for my life. If Robert doesn't end it with me then at the end of the few months I'm giving it I'm going to make a decision. But I need you to help me stick to my guns. I trust your opinions and value your insight. ***Jen***

 
At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont really agree with Jen because I have my reasons to wanna be a kid again..which is to just experience it all over again..and frankly I wouldnt change a darn thing given I had the chance! I loved not being responsible for anything, bills, worrying over car payments, student loans...everything made me happy, the whole world was beautiful and pristine to me...i really wish i could go back.

 
At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some times I want to cry and sometimes I do cry. I was watching old home movies, listening to a cassette tape I made as a kid, and read in my diary I kept as a kid. It was so much easier back then. I wish I could do it all over again. I miss it so much and want it back again. I wish it was just dad, mom, sister and I again. I wish maybe I could just periodically go back to a time in my past for a day here and there and enjoy being a kid again.

 
At 3:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im only 14 but i feel like my childhood is long gone. There is so so much to worry about and stress over now, my health is in bad shape and has been the past few years, theres money and school and the future to think about...the carefree days are gone. lets be strong and move forward but never forget how pure childhood was.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home