Sum Tymes I wanna Cry........

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

This was playing when.............

So I had been thinking about doing a post about this awhile back but things just coming up and i got sidetracked. But, today when i was in the car with my new ??? partner in crime, she was listening to some old Janet and I was like do you have "Again" and she was like, it's the next song.... and so i stayed in her car listening to the words, reminiscing about the days i used to play that TAPE over and over again. It was the first time i thought i was in love. I guess i must have really thought i was in love cuz i tatted his name on my body....and he made me feel this way and i never even slept with him. (but that's a story for another day) so when he left the Chi to head back to Alabama, i was crushed as only a 16 yr old could be crushed. I played this song over and over and over again. and i cried and cried and cried over again. So anyways i got to thinking about the other songs that i hear that gets me to reminiscing about my past, or my present...


Let's hear it for the boys: i was in first grade, the first time that my mother was serious about leaving Hitler, she left and came back for us three days later when Hitler was sleep and had us jump out of our apartment window. When we got in the car, this was playing.


Ebony and Ivory: the song my parents played for me when i told them that kids were teasing me about my color and that it bothered me


Greatest Love of All: my uncle's graduation...and my first graduation


Lean on Me, IF you Believe, That's What Friends Are For: My eight grade graduation


Brenda's Got A Baby: my first day of high school


What Would I Do, If I Could Feel: my first crush


I Want To Be Your Man: my first love's pager...first time i had my own code


Black Butterfly: the summer i spent at Xavier University


Mac Daddy: My Acebooncoon and our blank missions and wild adventures



Gloria: first time i saw a real live penis

Between the Sheets: losing my virginity


Good Times: 1st year in college

Holding Back the Years: when i was raped


Where do Broken Hearts Go: when i lost the 1st twin


Until YOu Come Back to Me: 2nd twin


No More Rain: When I finished the book


I'll Erase Away Your Pain: when Luv was vowing never to hurt my feelings


It's Gettin Hot in Here: the day i took the lil one home

Burn: When i started the process of planting the seed to leave Luv alone



Shake it OFF: the summer of healing myself

So Lady: how i am feeling right now

I found My Everything: hopefully the song that will be playing when i find the man i will marry

What about yall...do you hear songs and start having flashbacks? IF so, what songs?

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

6 Your 2 Cents:

At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to get teased so much because my middle name is Ivory. They would sing the song"Ebony & Ivory" whenever i walked into a clasroom or pull out a bottle of Ivory Liquid.

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger ThatGirlTam said...

Dang...for some reason that post just depressed the hell outta me... *sigh*

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger TRUTHZ said...

oh, Tam...didn't mean to depress you...these are happy memories...happy cuz i survived them

 
At 2:51 AM, Blogger Jen said...

I went to my first Everclear concert with an exboyfriend and they sang this song called "Good Witch of the North". It's about a relationship that the couple were happy in. There's a part that says "I'm gonna marry her someday." My ex said that he wanted to marry me. I cried! When I hear that song I wish things hadn't gone the way they did. I might be content right now and not stressin. Oh well. God works in mysterious ways!!! ***Jen*** PS: Thanks for the carb advice. I couldn't stick with the no soda thing so I will try that instead! Take care!

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

Lauryn Hill-Ex Factor: turbulent times need turbulent songs...
Frankie Beverly & Maze-Happy Feelin's: That's the way the sex was...
Sam Cooke-Change Is Gonna Come: Moving to NYC
Earth Wind&Fire-That's the Way of the World: Need to let shit go sometimes and keep on steppin'
Donnie McClurkin-We Fall Down: but we get right back up!

my list...but of course....I could go on and on with this list.

I'll send you the new site when I get it up and running.

 
At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Ribbon in the sky": my high school boyfriend at the beginning of my freshman year of college

"Apache," "Better off Alone": Beach week with my high school friends the summer before college

"Don't change": sitting with my Situation in undergrad while he sang to me

"Just a friend": a video made by one of the groups in my TV production class in 8th grade

"For once in my life" (Temptations version): my Situation from undergrad singing to me drunk

"On Bended Knee": middle school and all my white friends

"Two Princes," "The Sign": Sixth grade and all my white friends

"Shoop": My Sanity

"Wind beneath my wings": my Mama

of course there's more, but that's it for now :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home