Sum Tymes I wanna Cry........

Sunday, February 05, 2006

All Access Denied

So, now that I am in possession of a new cell phone, I am thinking of changing my number. LOL, for those who know me, they know this is not just a once and a life-time thought. I have changed my number probably over 20 times in the last seven years. The reason being is that I don't feel that everyone should have all-access to me. Fact is, if it wasn't for my kids, I probably wouldn't have a cell phone. I mean, if I am out in the streets and ain't hanging with you, then I probably ain't trying to holla at you at that time either. So, most of the time, I am changing my number because someone has slipped up and gave Other my number and she starts phone stalking me. Now, why you would call me at 2 o'clock in the morning after calling me all day without me answering is beyond me. Or sometimes i have to change my number because I have given it to some psycho who won't stop calling me. Yeah, a psycho other than Other.
It used to be a time that you could give a fake number to a dude and you would at least have a day before he found out you slipped him the wrong digits. Now, dudes will stand there and call your phone while you are standing there to make sure you gave them the right number. How pressed. So i have a few psychos chirping me saying the most inappropriate things at the most inappropriate times. Like I am at a quiet restaurant and Thumper decides to chirp me with "I could be beating my meat, but instead i am chirping you." Well nig, you should've beat your meat.


It's funny because I am the type of person who ain't asking unless it concerns me in some shape or form...and if it doesn't, well i really don't care for the most part. But it seems that I am surrounded by a bunch of nosy people who claim they are so genuine in their askings when they are not. Most people want to know your bizness so that they can salt you down or tell your bizness. I ain't gots time for that type of petty madness.


As we move forward in this age of super information highway, more and more people feel that they should have access to all of your personal bizness. I have friends who will come and ask me who i am calling when they see me pick up my phone. Why? I aint calling you seeing that you are standing in front of me. Then I have peeps who will come and stand next to me to see if they can recognize the voice emitting from the phone. Don't worry, most only make this mistake once. There are peeps that are mad at me because i won't give them this blog address. And I don't understand why. Why do you feel that you have a right to intrude upon my personal life? I have 10 true blue friends and they will tell you that i don't tell them everything at the same time. Or even the same things. And shouldn't have to, it's my life and my bizness and if i want to keep it all to myself I could.


i guess i am ranting because one of my classmates who considers herself my friend told me that if i left school without telling her the reason that she would probably never speak to me again. and i laughed in her face before i told her, 1. if i was leaving school, i probably wouldn't want to talk to you anyways and 2. i don't have to tell you why i am leaving school. that 's really none of your bizness. i don't have to tell you anything, not even that i am leaving if i don't want to.



and peeps are always asking me about my child's father, why i don't talk about him or whether he helps out with MY CHILD. and the reason i need to be discussing him with you is???? do you know LUV??? and if he aint helping out, are you gonna step in and pick up his slack? Hell to the naw. so what you need to know for?

Before you know it, peeps are going to want to know when you go to the bathroom and what type of act you did...was it number one or number two...



Man, oomph that!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

12 Your 2 Cents:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger Carmell said...

only person i don't want callin my phone is Loser. but i kind of have to cause of the kids...eventhough the majority of the time i ignore his call anyway...
gurl you got to many folk all up in yours! you need to weed through em and see who is worth keeping and cut the other ones lose!!!

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger mrs.tj said...

yeh...people are like that.
and if you demand your privacy they say you acting like a bitch.
umm yeah...thanks!
Holla!

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're talking about changing your cell number when I haven't even learned what mine is yet. OH! Did I mention that I have had it for 3 months now. LOL

 
At 8:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gurl, it has gotten to the point where if we in the club i'l hide my phone and me and my FRIENDS give out each others name and number.. One morning 2AM my phone rings and it's some dude talking about he just got my number in the club.. 3 weeks later my FREIND tells me she gave my number to somebody.. Gurl I've read all of the post you've been asking me to read... I feel you.. I had been in similar situations but as you know I don't have any kids.. Stand strong doe, and don't let him in just cuz he has a prob at the crib.. He playing the field, but then again only you know how you feel about this and only you can make your decision as to what you want to do.. Keep ya head up and stay strong........

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Knockout Zed said...

Hey, just give out the cell number to people caring for your child. No one else needs that shit, for real.

KZ

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Mrs A. said...

aren't we all just slaves to this technology?!?! i love it!

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger nikki said...

ROTFLMAO@"you should be beating your meat".

lawd, but everything else after that was a blur.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Disco said...

I know girl!! Ain't it the truth!! Folks are nosy as dayum hell and that's my thing...is yo stankin ass gon help me out then? Provide some dividends??? then beat it..... LOL

 
At 2:19 AM, Blogger Chubby Chocolate said...

OOOHHHH TRUTHZ!!! I know what you mean! I was just having this conversation with my brother!

I give the bug-a-boo's one specific ringtone. I NEVER answer restricted or unknown calls. I never answer numbers I don't recognize either.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger brooklyn babe said...

thought my comment posted... hmmmmm??
anyhoo... i feel the same way about home number
don't give it out, change it often.
peace

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Carmell said...

gurl where you been?!?!?!?

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger mrs.tj said...

just shouting out...we miss you!
tj

 

Post a Comment

<< Home