Sum Tymes I wanna Cry........

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Transition

Normally around this time i get really depressed because it is the anniversary of the events that led up to my rape and to my pregnancy with twins.

It isn't really the rape that gets to me so much as it is the fact that i began mourning the death of who i used to be. Not to say before the rape I wasn't confused and unhappy and lonely, because I was. However, I wasn't so indecisive and so nonchalant about everything. I had compassion for everyone and tried to see the good in everyone. Now, I am very cold with people I meet. I am mean and skeptical when I was once trusting and nice. I believe everyone has an alterior motive as to why they are trying to befriend me. And sadly to say, most of them do.



Nevertheless, I miss the old me. The me that let everything slide off my back and kept on trucking. The me that had a passion for life. The me that I knew inside and out. Now, I don't know what's going to set me off. What's gonna make me happy or sad. I mean beside E.T. dying.


Anyways, when I had found out that I was pregnant w/ twins I was so elated. Why, well because it's something about being told that you are getting two for the price of one. And then too, it was the fact that the doctors told me that I would never ever be able to conceive naturally and probably wouldn't be successful going the alternative route either. So for me to get pregnant naturally with not one but two babies, I was elated. So elated that I decided to change the way I dressed and looked. I had been doing the tomboy thing for 21 years and was quite content BUT i thought that it was time for me to start looking if not like a lady, like someone's mama at least. I went out and bought some almost gurly clothes. Instead of my 24 waist sporting 34-36 waist jeans, they sported 28. And instead of sporting men shirts or sweat tops, i got some xL girly tees. I tried the makeup but couldn't get the eye thing right....anyways after my babies died i went back to the ghetto fab. tomboy look and have stayed there. that was almost six years ago.



so i guess what i am saying is, now it's time for me to start looking like a girl, even if not a girly girl. as i change the inner me, i figured i should work on the outer me as well. but i don't know where to start, or where to shop. i don't want to totally give up the gym shoes and loose pants but i am starting to feel out of place when i go out w/ my gurls and they dressed like girls and i am dressed like i am about to go to the gym. what's a girl to do.


i will edit later, my computer is on the brink so i just hurriedly typed this on my friend's computer.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

5 Your 2 Cents:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger Blessed Brilliant said...

What should you do? - Live.

Please live as though tomorrow is not promised. Smile not because you are trying to ignore the adversity infront of you... but for the victory of tomorrow over it.

Please - live...

"If winter is here, can spring be too far behind?"

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

Oh heavenly father....
Truthz, this was soo touching.
You spilled out your deepest secrets here and I was very open to receive them.

I am sorry about both of your losses posted in this entry.

Do you have anyone you can talk to?
I am always open to making new friends and I am a great listener.
I lend my ear to you anytime you need one, please don't be a stranger--blog me email me, call me, IM me---whatever means you take, just find your way into my life somehow.

**********************************

As for getting you into the girly look I would like to recommend my favorite place to shop--NY&Co. They used to be called Lerners.
I love this store so damn much!

I found this scripture for you

Psalm 28:7
The Lord is my strength and my sheild; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise hm

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

Sum Tymes I wanna Cry.....

No alterior motives, no empty promises and no miscellaneous bullshit...YOU gotta friend....come play in the snow in NYC....and we'll make you all girly girl...:-)

 
At 1:49 AM, Blogger Chubby Chocolate said...

You're truly one amazing woman. Don't worry about the exterior now. Focus on the interior, then the rest will follow.

I truly appreciate you posts, Truthz. Even though you wrote about what you went through, the reader can see you slowly trying to work it out, as the post progresses.

Just do what you do. Do it well and treasure the fact that you are alive, able to function on your own and you have your sanity.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger TRUTHZ said...

To all, thank you. I know that I have made new friends and that warms my heart because before this I kept just about everything inside of me. Now, as I am changing I actually do feel as strong as what people used to see me as. I am getting there Romantic, to the point where i can live again...where i am happy to be alive.


JB--i will take you up on that just as soon as i get this computer thing situated...


A-Babe, i will take up on that offer...i have always wanted to go and just let loose in the NYC to see if it is as Crunk as DA-chi... maybe look me up when you in Maryland...


CC... yeah, it was rough trying to post this one. i tried to blame it on the fact that i was using someone computer and i didn't want to be on it too long; but you hit the nail on the head, i was working thru it as i was writing it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home