Sum Tymes I wanna Cry........

Sunday, November 20, 2005

when the suga really ain't sweet

so i just finished watching Brown Sugar and I am crying my eyes out. I don't know how i am going to survive watching Rent this Wednesday. I will have to take the mega roll of Charmin with me. Yeah, i am a crier. I cry every time i watch E.T. and at the same parts... i be up in this piece talking about, "don't die E.T., don't die!" but i was feeling lonely before i watched Brown Sugar, which i don't think did that well at the box office because it was released after my all-time favorite Love and Basketball... anyways back to what i was saying, i was feeling lonely and now i am feeling even lonelier. movies suck! i thought they were supposed to be based on some form of reality. but if that was the case, i would be married to my childhood love by now... i have a friend that i love to death and he will always have my heart. in highschool peeps used to joke that we would get married cuz we always fought. but we didn't. yet he knows that i love him and that would never change, even when i get married. (gotta keep hope alive) i remember how i called him right after i was raped. i called him at 3 something in the morning and was like, "yo, can you meet me under the clock at the main library?" he was like," what's this about?" and i couldn't tell him because i didn't want him to be disappointed in me. weird, huh? i mean i had been making a lot of poor choices right before then, like sleeping with a homeless man. But to my defense he didn't look or smell homeless when i met him. and the fact that he was hung like an elephant's trunk made up for the fact that he lived in an abandon building. oh, memories, how many of us have them? but anyways back to my Boo, i couldn't tell him so he didn't meet me, but when i did tell him, he was so loving. he was like,"why didn't you tell me this morning, i mean you had already woken me up, you know i would've been there if you told me this was what was going on." and he would have. just like he called me everyday for like the next month a billion times more than he usually did to make sure i was feeling Safe. because the fact of the matter is, we can be in the most secure neighborhood in the world and if we don't feel safe, it's like we are in the worse neighborhood in the world. but i say all of this to say that if Brown Sugar was real i would be marrying this fool or some rich fool, but i am not. i am just sitting here wondering at what age should i just give the marrying dream up?



then there is this thing that i had been pondering that Brown Sugar sort of gloss over. can people from two different worlds ever live happily ever after? i mean, i am getting ready to get Paid if all things work out like they should, so does this mean that i have to stop trying to get with my Eduthug? you know a thug who is educated? all i ask for is that you have a diploma and some type of skill that you are getting paid for. Stripping does not count. I mean i love me some Luv but we aren't really anything alike. He lived that street life. me, i lived it but didn't live it. i had the protection of several gangs but i didn't gang-bang. but i had heart and would put someone down for messing with someone i loved, BUT i knew that i would never have to, because i was protected and wasn't allowed to get my hands dirty. i had to get real ignorant to get the greenlight to pull the trigger on my cousin's baby daddy. Luv, he was the one toting and protecting others like me, protecting ones they didn't want getting dirt on their hands. i live for investing. Luv thought investing meant buying lotto tickets every friday. so i am just wondering, would it have worked? would it have been possible for us to find a world (outside of the bedroom) between the street life glam and professional life i am courting right now?



or am i to leave my dream of marrying a regular blue-collar worker for the big screen and start looking for a Luv among my ranks?

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

8 Your 2 Cents:

At 11:17 PM, Blogger Knockout Zed said...

I think a lot of women have that fantasy of meeting and marrying a eduthug. Like Tupac in the boardroom. I'm telling you I'm the closest thing to it. You better check a nigga out!

KZ

 
At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eduthug? Damn! I;m not sure if I want to fit into this category, but it does sound cool.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

...don't ask me about love..i know shit about it...but i'd say, 15-20 years from now...what is it that your going to want from a relationship/marriage? will it be this educated thug that you want now?

i've never gone out with a thug...always suits. maybe i'll look into it....lol

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger TRUTHZ said...

um Zed, the thing is, if u had me, you would want to stay, are you ready for that?

ruben, it's no different from a guy wting a lady on the street and a freak in the bed. i want someone i can have a decent convo with without having to draw pics for him to understand but someone w/ enuf street sense for us to get by when you gotta thru the book sense out the window...


to a-b, i want someone who will love me for me and me for them, i believe that if we stayed together that long that we would have eventually grown into almost a clone of each other so it wouldn't matter what we were when we started out

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger nikki said...

i just hope you find someone who makes you happy. frankly, i think the term eduthug is applicable to most brothas so you've got a wide selection to choose from.

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Blessed Brilliant said...

Hmm - ok promise last comment for at least a week...

Art is an imitation of life, life does not imitate art.

As such the moive is an imitation of the real thing. It's not the real thing... True there will be people like my sister who marries her highschool sweetheart - have 3 kids as they both prosper for happily ever after...

But then there will be people like me who love unconditionaly only to find out that love actually has conditions - ie - faithfulness, trust, hope, communications... remind me to go back to school on for the lecture: Love and War - rules of engagement and affairs.

As for your edu-thug... good luck. I'll be honest I only liked Pac's explanation of THUG in Tupac Resurrection when he summarized it by saying "I'm a thug because I'm tired of asking for help - I'm here to take what you won't give me for myself."

In that regard - many of us who actually use affirmative action as a boost rather than crutch can and will become the next corporate raiders and hustlers...

As for finding one that will understand - appreciate - love - care- belive - trust - hope - encourage... good luck.

Michaelangelo once said that as a scupltor he does not create anything - he simply removes the excess from the work of art he has seen. (selah)

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger TRUTHZ said...

To Nikki, yeah, i hope i find him soon cuz a girl is getting old over here even though i don't feel like it, everytime i look at my license, it tells me so.

Romantic, so how do you find a balance. how do you make sure that the art that is imitating you is a Monet and not a Picasso...i don't need any more abstract loving

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Blessed Brilliant said...

Only you can paint the true masterpiece about your life... anyone else will always have an abstracted view.

Worry not about what the perception from the bystander's view. They will neither walk in your shoes or see your point of view.

Just live and do the best you can... love will follow you so long as you take God's hand.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home