Sum Tymes I wanna Cry........

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Epiphany

"I wanna be loved...something, something something...I wanna be loved....loved by you" these were the words i was crooning in my car while i was shouting back at Eric B "how in the hell do you wanna be loved when you had someone trying to love you and you let your sex addiction get in the way and ruin it?"




and then it started. it started as a single tear and then another and another and then it was like Lake Michigan was trying to escape from my body. i would've had to pull over to get a grip if it wasn't for the intense, piercing stare of the driver next me. i didn't even glance that way, but i could feel their eyes on me, intruding upon the tears that were escaping from my soul. i didn't quite get it; why was i crying? i had heard this song at least 20 times before and it has never had this effect on me. it couldn't have been the discussion i just had with my sister of why i didn't like her boyfriend whom she is probably going to marry. i don't like most of my sisters' boyfriends or husbands.




yeah, it was a given. i wanted to be loved. but i think it was deeper than that for me, it wasn't just that i wanted to be loved, i wanted to love again. not just love where you are sweating and grunting in-between the sheets love, just plain ole' i love yah and gots your back love. i miss that. that was part of the me that died. like i said, after the rape, a lot of things changed for me, and one of them was that i sort of alienated myself from my adopted families. i didn't do it on purpose, it just happened. i stopped calling them and stopped picking up the phone when they called. i stop writing and stopped opening up their mail. it wasn't just them that i targeted, i didn't open any of my mail and to this day i will let my mail pile up for months before i open it, and i stopped answering my phone period. if it wasn't for my kids right now, i still wouldn't answer my phone.



it's weird because those who have seen me interact with my youngest would swear that i love him to death. and that i give him all of the love in the world. but i don't. i despise my child most of the time. i know that's a mean thing to say, but i do. i often wonder why he lived and the others died. i wonder why he likes torturing me. even though i know it's not his fault. he has stopped breathing countless times, and it only happens when i am by myself. he had a seizure once, right after we had gotten off an hour an a half flight. the only thing i could do was thank God that it didn't happen while we were in the air. he has had major illnesses one after the other; yet, he isn't a sickly child. it's something about trying all you can to save your children and in the end have them die that does something to your soul. so, my soul shut down the love department. and so even though i want to LOVE my children, esp. my son, I can't. if you ever look beyond the surface when you watch us interact, you will see that i am very detached from him and from the girls. you will see that i make sure they have whatever they need that i can afford to give them and that's that. the love and the nurturing, they don't get. but to my defense, i have tried to surround them w/ loving people who are capable of giving them the love that they need that i can't give right now.



it's funny because i know peeps will be like i loved Luv. and i did. and i showed him that i loved him by giving him things whether it was my body or material things, which in the end doesn't amount to nothing. i never really gave of myself. when thing were going on in my life that was troublesome, i didn't share it with him; i didn't share it with anyone. and it wasn't because i didn't care or didn't want to share. okay, it could be because i didn't want to share because i don't believe i need to tell anyone everything about me. but it was moreso that i didn't want to be bothered with the concern and the other stuff that is supposed to follow if someone who loves you find out you are in need of something or that everything ain't alright with you. and when i did decide to reach out to someone it turned out that i picked someone who was so self-absorbed in their life that they had the audacity to tell me, someone who has always had their back that "i don't have time for you right now, i have my own problems."





nevertheless, i want to love again, i want to get back to how things were with me and my families before the rape. i want to be attached to my son and my surroundings. i want to love so that i can be loved and stop feeling so dang-on lonely all the time.



( my computer isn't wking so i will update as freq. as i can....and if not, know that when i do return i will have nothing but the Truth to tell yall.)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

11 Your 2 Cents:

At 10:02 AM, Blogger Blessed Brilliant said...

whoa...

I don't know if I should comment with words of inspiration or charter a plane to give you a hug.

To me, LOVE is... (and you fill in the blank.) And at the end when you run out of things. You run down your list and then you go back to Number 1 and put God there... then the rest falls into place.

I know adversity endured breeds strength for the longer haul. I wish I could say more but I can't. Because much like you I turned my back on Love (and God for a long time.) while I was going thru my divorce.

All I can say is that I am a better man for having gone through it. Consider my adversity a forge and I was a cracked sword. I'm now whole due to the fire that burned my soul but allowed me to soften so that I could be healed and molded. The water was used to cool my temper when SHE would break promise on promise to the girls. The hammering and shaping was done to remind me that stupidity does hurt - alot. And the grind to bring to a finish all the work that had been done.

I emerge from the blacksmith's forge as a new weapon. I am able to pierce through bullshit and lies to see truth (no pun intended)... and while I'm not the best weapon in the shop - I'm not the dullest tool in the shed. I have learned and I will learn.

"pain may endureth for the night, but joy cometh in the morning"qxkz

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger TRUTHZ said...

Romantic, didn't i just tell you that i had let Lake Michigan out...what you trying see if i got any more tears left? j/k. you are right, i got really lost when I TURNED MY BACK ON GOD and treated him like he wasn't good enough for me to serve and now that I need him, i feel so ashamed of my stupidity

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Carmell said...

i bet your son loves you... but unfortunetly i know the kind of love you are talking about, and you can't get that from your kids. wish you all the best and hope you fill that hole in your heart....

i know i'm not one to talk about this but i can't go without sayin it. i do know one person who can fill you with an unconditional love that no man on earth can give you... pray about it.. you'll feel better.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Carmell said...

dammit i didn't read the previous post before i commented... so you do know what i'm talking about. gurl seriously, i know the pain you are feeling and it hurts like hell but there is ONLY one thing that will help you now and that is God. he loves you more than you or anone ever will. and there is nothing that can compare to that love and even if you have turned you back know in your heart he has not left you and he still thinks of you and waits for the day you will return. He doesn't care what you did and why you did it...He has forgiven you all you have to do is forgive yourself. what happened to you was not your fault. i don't know why it happened. you know you need Him... just go to Him and leave that hurt behind. don't be ashamed (i know that all to well. i don't pray beause i think i'm not worthy of His grace but i am and so are you) i gotta go cause now i'm about to cry. guess i need to listen to what i'm sayin... but its a heart thing.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I honestly don't know what to say without sounding phony. Your honesty is so heartfelt and it makes me want to cry. Just hold on. I think we should both go by the advice "don't give up!" The right man is out there. Not the "perfect" man like my girlfriend's talk about. I'm a realist. There's no such man. But there is a right man for both of us. I think my problem is that I really want it to be Robert. Take care. And keep your head held high. ***Jen***

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger nikki said...

what a painful post this must have been for you. as a fellow victim of rape, i can identify with your unwillingness to let folk in close emotionally. i still deal with it, and i know have to find a way to resolve it because to not do so means i'm being raped in a different way...raped of my love and the experience of love.

i hope you find a way to resolve that for yourself. have you ever sought out counseling? i haven't, but i'm starting to think maybe i should.

 
At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So this is what you were talking about all day...I heart you darling. I can't say "love" because it would be meaningless in the context of this entry, but I do believe we're moving towards at least a very real friendship, the kind that will last beyond the HUSL (which is more than I can say about most, u feel me?). As far as da boi, you care about him and his life, I know you do, I see it every day. Even though he drives you crazy...and when you're in a place where you're able to, love for that crazy little man will be more than you can even comprehend. As far as other kinds of love, you just have to trust in the Lord that it will happen when it's right...rumor has it, He knows what He's doing. :-) Mwah and mwah baby girl!

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Blessed Brilliant said...

Sweetheart - at least you can cry...

Take comfort in the things you can do. You can be honest. You can come outright. You can vent...

Some of us do not.

You have your answers but you are looking for confirmation... from the looks of things - you got it.

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger Chubby Chocolate said...

I have no words of encouragement at all. I'm just glad that you're getting this all out instead of letting it pile up inside.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

Everything takes time and as you continue to want more for yourself..you'll see that some things will go to the waste side because you have either moved on our overcome the present (AND PAST) obstacles.

Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.~ Robert Frost

Love yourself above all others. Everything else comes into play after that.

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger TRUTHZ said...

Thank you all I really appreciate it. I am at my school's computer typing this because I have become addicted to your love, concern, and yall crazy lives. LOL. (and my computer at home has a virus or something)

It is a struggle to be me because I don't know who "me" is right now. However, all that is changing because I am learning again, and as I learn I am also deciding what I love about me and what I want to change.

I have sought counselling. I did the group thing last year and it wasn't until then that I realized how much the rape actually did effect me and my life...and I think it was then when i validated that they rape did have power over me that I really began to heal, that I was able to slowly but surely let Luv out of my life.

and yes, With God, All Things Are Possible. I know that...now, i just have to believe and show that I believe by my actions...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home