Sum Tymes I wanna Cry........

Monday, December 26, 2005

Clarifying Frustrations pt.1

Out with the old, in with the NEW



so here it goes, i am gonna get rid of some more of my OLD baggage by clarifying some things.


The Plan:

the plan was so crystal clear, seemed like we had worked out every detail, went over every possible problem and situation and so there was nothing to do but put the plan in motion. so we humped and humped and humped and humped and even when we were painfully tired, we humped even more.... but still no success. i was at the point of giving up. i had to accept the reality of the situation, we were never going get me pregnant. i guess the twins were a fluke. i had to face the facts after a year and a half of trying, i wasn't going to conceive and maybe it was for the best; no good could come from having a married man's child.... even if he wanted me to have his baby so that he could stroke his EGO and say that he was the one who took my pain away.


he said that i was always so sad around the anniversary of the twins
he said you could see the sadness in my eyes
that it cut you with a knife
and seemed as if it was never going to end



he said that he believed that by giving me a child
he would be giving me the best gift in the world
and he would be easing my pain
and putting an end to my constant sadness



what he didn't understand was
that another life couldn't even began to replace
the life of the two i had so violently fought for
and so painfully lost



what he didn't understand was that the sadness
he sought to stomp out like a burning flame
had been simmering for too long
long before i breathed life into the twins
and that it would forever reside in my eyes
until i looked upon the things that really caused me pain



just when i had given up all hope that i wouldn't feel that warm sensation in my heart, it happened. i remember the day we conceived the little one, it was LUV's birthday and we were fighting like dogs and made up like ones in heat. then like clockwork, i started getting sick. i was in the hospital everyday. i went in at around 6 and left around 11 pm just in time for me to punch in for work. this was my nightly routine. so while i tried to think happy thoughts, i couldn't help but having that deja vu feeling...not this again. but i tried to stay positive and went over the plan with Luv once again in hopes that our baby would make it.



I would have sole custody of our child
his reason: um, he was married
mine: i wanted to control my child's future



I would not take him for child support
his: i am a man, i don't need the system to tell me to take care of mine
mine: i wanted sole custody of my child to ensure he would have a fighting
chance with his future



He would not have LUV's last name
His: um cuz he was married (lol)
mine: because i felt it only right to get the credit for my hard work



He would have a relationship with his father
his: because it was a boy and it was about Ego and he loved his kids
mine: i didn't have one with mine and didn't want my son to hate me when he got
older if i got in the way of him knowing his father



he wouldn't know his siblings
his: he didn't want too many peeps to know
mine: i was against esp. seeing oldest and the next to youngest knew about us



support
his: he would help me out when ever he could
mine: i would do what i had to do to take care of mine and hoped he lived up to
his word if i fell short



the plan in action
so the boy gets here and i have sole custody because no father is placed on my child's birth certificate. so he gets my last name....his father comes to see him once or twice a week...he tells his oldest child about her lil brother and she plots so that two of her siblings find out too. she also calls her aunts and tell them. don't file for child support, continue working to take care of mine... the wife leaves, files for divorce..when she decides to come back, Luv tells her about his new addition..he sees My Son once a month. all siblings know and some have a relationship with me and MY Son...now wants My Son to have his last name to carry on his lineage. since birth has bought him a ten dollar outfit and the 3.99 foam numbers. doesn't see My Son unless i bring him past his job or he over here trying to get my panties (so maybe twice a month). i don't have his numbers, only work, so if My Son gets sick after four, i have no way of getting in touch with him. i am not working, going to school, so struggling doesn't began to sum it up. offered to start bringing MY Son to his barber so they can have a relationship independent of me....sure as long as i pay for it...



i say all of this to say, i know it is important for My Son to have a relationship with his father and have put up with a lot to make sure it happens but sometimes, you have to know when to fold them, when to lay them down and walk away

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

6 Your 2 Cents:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger Blessed Brilliant said...

The road to hell is paved with good intentions, remember that lovely.

As for the rest - you will come into your own understanding. I just want to take a moment to encourage you to see the victory within the midst of defeat and overwhelming odds

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger mrs.tj said...

Wow! This story sounds HARD!
I guess I don't know the timeline, but I hope you and babe are all good.
I guess in the end you have to do what is best for the child.
I grew up without a father also, and now I think if he had been around I would probably be REALLY messed up. A mother's love...that can conquer all!
Holla!

 
At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've motivated me to grow up and get rid of some of my baggage. Sure, it's gonna take a barge to haul it all away, but I'm gonna do it:)

 
At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss Truthz:
You know I love you and feel you all the way on this one. I don't know but some fathers just have this fucked up idea about wanting to be in their children(s)lives. Why not be in your child(s) life for a reason as simple as LOVE? Why not just show up and show the child some love? It is not a hard thing to do, you know? And I think fathers do the shit they do because they know children are begging silently for the love from them, but they get some kind of sick pleasure out of hurting their offspring... I don't get it, and I probably never will. I'm working on a post RIGHT NOW about this very subject. Check it out when you can. Be good, Truthz, and we'll talk later.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Carmell said...

well i like you went out of my way to have my son's father be involved in his life. then i got pregnant with his daughter and i left. i knew it would not be worth it and i wasn't going to make him be there for his daughter when he didn't want to be. that was 4 years ago. now hes really actting a fool and i don't care. he has no job and not paying support and wants to know what his role is...SPERM DONOR.. moving on. my kids have a new daddy and he is that in every sense. i don't know if my kids will resent me but thats a chance i am willing to take.

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger TRUTHZ said...

lil shorty...naw, the girls, the twins i am always talking about...you ain't missed nothing...it's still the same

 

Post a Comment

<< Home