Sum Tymes I wanna Cry........

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

No More Chocolate Cake Batter Ice Cream

Unfortunately, I haven't had internet access so my brain is overloaded with things I need to get out.

So the other day massah was cracking the whip extra hard because he is having lady trouble..and well I am just not caring. There was a water main break and our building was closed because the fire alarm/sprinkler system along with the toilets weren't working. So massah tells me to finish this letter and some more crap and I can leave...well an hour or so pass and I finally finish his laundry list of crap and as I am leaving he is walking back in the door talking about it's some BS, if the building was closed people wouldn't be able to come into the building and therefore i need to stay and do some more crap he has conjured up into his overactive brain as now being important. well, i am really not caring BECAUSE if a fire breaks out and we trapped all he gonna say is "just my luck" and all i am gonna say is "i don't want to die with you" (really, the way he constantly whines about everything just in general lets me know that he ain't gonna go down quietly...) so after i start whining about how i have to pee and can't because we can't use the toilet he sets me free....so when I finally get out I am tense. Massah irks me on a normal becuase he doesn't respect my personal space but he has really been irking me as of late because he beefing with one of his ladies. So I head to one of my favorite spots to hit up when I just want to escape only to find out that my day wasn't going to get any better.

I get to Cold Stone looking to get my chocolate fix...(I had been feenin for some Chocolate Cake Batter Ice Cream for a minute but had been fighting the urge because one, my pockets couldn't take it and two, when i was going there everyday my pants couldn't take it.)

I get there and I was told that they no longer carried my flavor because it was only Seasonal and therefore they have a right to move it out to move other stuff in (really, you moved out my stress reliever for some chocolate gingerbread mint crap?) they told me that i could get chocolate mixed in the regular cake batter and i'm like whatever, it's not going to be the same. But not trying to be acting like a pouty 2 year old I take it and leave and well it wasn't the same...it was cake batter with chocolate mixed in but it wasn't chocolate cake batter...that's when it hit me:

Some things in life really are seasonal...even though they may taste so dang old good and make us temporarily forget our troubles, in the long run they aren't good for us or to us...whether they are a financial strain or place a physical strain on us, they are only meant to be enjoyed for a limited time and when their season is over, we need to move them out and replace them with something current...or maybe just something seasonal...and sometimes it's going to be a miss like that nasty chocolate gingerbread mint and sometimes it will be a keeper like cake batter which started off as a seasonal item as well. And sometimes the replacement is not going to stack up to the original and well we can either deal with it and learn to adjust or we can wait for the Season to come back around when we can have what we want and maybe then it won't just be seasonal, it'll be a keeper.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

2 Your 2 Cents:

At 10:07 PM, Blogger mrs.tj said...

Geez! Nothing like going somewhere and your ish not being there.
Holla!

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger TRUTHZ said...

Girl you know i wanted to tear the place up...i mean if i am paying 5 bucks for a cup of ice cream i would like it to be the one that i like!!! no i have to wait for the spring

 

Post a Comment

<< Home