Sum Tymes I wanna Cry........

Thursday, July 23, 2009

i don't need a betta man

i need you to understand that you are magnificent just the way you are.
you have taught me so much about myself and about life.
you made me want to be a better woman, and today here i stand
changed, evolved, refreshed, and most definitely blessed
season, reason, lifetime
it's a shame we can't pick which one each individual gets to be
but i guess then it wouldn't be a lesson learned before dying
chunky monkey, jelly roll, man boobs.....
i still love you.
not like i used to love you cuz way back then, i didn't love myself
now, it's like a rebirth...
giggles and points and obvious stares that used to shake my foundation and rupture my core,
yeah, they very seldom get attention or power over my life these days

yeah, i don't need a better man
i need to continue growing, evolving, refreshing, and accepting
but, if you don't think you are the best then, you need to double up on those pills
and get down on them knees and pray that God open up those windows to your soul
so the reflection of what i see becomes so manifested in you that it'll never escape your reality
cuz u like superman
but instead of me being your lois lane, i'm your kryptonite

don't be mad, what's done is done
plus anger is really a useless emotion unless you use the rage to fuel change
and if you are not going to change the underlying cause for your disdain,
then what's the point of becoming enraged?

i'm the michael jackson of women, i just want to be a kid again
but i'ma grown woman and at the end of the day,
i wanna be alive to witness my comeback

i may be black, and i may be poor and i may be ugly but i am here....classic old me
i am beautiful and you are worthy, somethings are worth waiting for, patience... new me

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

2 Your 2 Cents:

At 8:40 AM, Anonymous aisha said...

it's good! where did it come from in you?

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger TRUTHZ said...

my heart without the filters turned on

 

Post a Comment

<< Home