Sum Tymes I wanna Cry........

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Trying to saved the pot of burnt rice

I am standing over the stove, half laughing, half crying. I can't believed I done burnt the rice. It's not even the fact that I don't have time to make another pot cuz My Child is hungry and so am I, it's the fact that I can't afford to throw this rice out..."money ain't been growing on trees for a minute now." So, I poured more water into the pot and proceeded to reboil. Now, it ain't nothing worth than recooked burnt rice. Believe that, cuz after two forced spoonfuls, I got up and tossed the rice in the trash..I guess it was just gonna have to be another peanut butter and jelly night.

Funny thing, I don't remember people strugglin like this when I was growing up...I don't remember people who were actually putting forth the effort always coming out with the short stick. Sure, I remember when food and money got really scarse in my house.. when we couldn't afford to really shop at Jewel's or Dominicks so we had to drive 45 mins to the Ultra in Indiana...then we couldn't afford to burn all that gas so we had to shop at One Stop where we got "Big Ole Big Ole Flakes" and "Loops and Loops of Fruit." But, that time did not last that long...it wasn't every year or every three months that we had to eat Big Ole instead of Raisin Bran, it was just for that spell of being poor.

I am so angry that I have to fight for everything I want and everything I need. I am so tired of fighting...why everything gots to be a struggle. It's not even that Im trying to live above my means. All I'm trying to do is eat and not have a stroke trying to do so.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

5 Your 2 Cents:

At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

been there. i feel your pain. :(

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Prophetess said...

Been there, too.

You aint said nothing but the Truth.

Sis, I miss you.

hoodooinfluences.blogspot.com

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

Did you know there are millions of families, single and full, that qualify for food stamps and other forms of assistance, but are not on the WIC list?

You may be one of those Truth.

You should call your state WIC office and find out.

Theres no need for you to be struggling when there's FREE Government help out there darling.

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Chubby Chocolate said...

Truthz...I remember those days.

These days will become the past and when they do, you'll try to remember what got you through them and be thankful that you actually got through. Did that make any sense?!

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Blessed Brilliant said...

hey sis... checkin' in...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home